Throughout the 2018-2019 show year, Gelbvieh and Balancer® females and bulls competed at shows across the country to earn points for the American Gelbvieh Association Ring of Gold program.
Each year the qualifying animals are ranked at the conclusion of the National Gelbvieh and Balancer show at the National Western Stock Show. This year a total of six shows were included in the Ring of Gold tally.
The American Gelbvieh Association established the Ring of Gold program to honor the top animals shown at the conclusion of the show year. Points are earned for grand and reserve grand champions, as well as division champions and reserves, and are based on the actual number of animals shown at each show.
To honor those animals who have risen to the top during the show season, The Ring of Gold awards are presented to the top Gelbvieh female, Gelbvieh bull, Balancer female and Balancer bull based on points awarded throughout the year. Animals must earn points in at least two shows to qualify for Ring of Gold points each year. The 2018-2019 Ring of Gold qualified shows were: Iowa State Fair, Kentucky State Fair, Missouri State Fair, American Royal, North American International Livestock Exposition, and the National Western Stock Show.
The following is a list of the top three animals in each Ring of Gold division. In order to qualify for recognition, animals must have earned points in at least two Ring of Gold shows throughout the calendar year.
Ring of Gold Gelbvieh Female:
- GGGE 3G Frankly My Dear 8100F, Emily Griffiths, Kendallville, Ind.
- HIGH Ms Emma 9E100 ET, Jacie Carroll, Raymore, Mo.
- BCFG Butlers Ms Esmeralda 34E, Karley Rumfelt, Lebanon, Mo.
Ring of Gold Gelbvieh Bull:
- HTFM Mr Equalizer E711, Hilltop Farms Benny McWilliams, Asbury, Mo.
- GGGE 3G Fort Apache 835F, Emily Griffiths, Kendallville, Ind. and Reynolds Bee Lick Gelbvieh, Crab Orchard, Ky.
- HILC All Star 500D, Cody Moore, Fountain Run, Ky.
Ring of Gold Balancer Female:
- JNCC Miss Sky High 748E, Cameron Nowack, Bland, Mo. and MDR Elly Zendt 702E ET, Brylee Thiel, Kaw City, Okla.
- GGGE 3G Cowgirl Dixie 6102D, Sarah Carroll, Raymore, Mo.
- GGGE 3G Faintly Saintly ET 852F, Emily Griffiths, Kendallville, Ind. and Reid Overmiller, Smith Center, Kan.
Ring of Gold Balancer Bull:
- SKYC Sky’s Encore 7086E, Casey Martin, Oregon, Ill.
- GGGE 3G Frontier Justice 829F, Emily Griffiths, Kendallville, Ind.
- GGGE 3G Double Agent 602D, Emily Griffiths, Kendallville, Ind.
The American Gelbvieh Association is a progressive beef cattle breed association representing 1,000 members and approximately 40,000 cows assessed annually in a performance-oriented total herd reporting system.