The American Gelbvieh Junior Association (AGJA) helps to build the industry’s future leaders. In an of the American Gelbvieh Junior Association have the opportunity to earn up to $9,000 in scholarships.
Jimmy Christopher Memorial Scholarship
Each year the Jimmy Christopher Memorial Scholarship awards up to two $1,000 scholarships to deserving applicants that reside east of the Mississippi River.
Jimmy Christopher Memorial Scholarship Application
AGJA Breeder’s Choice Bull Futurity Scholarship
The Breeder’s Choice Bull Futurity awards up to $1,000 to one junior member.
Breeder’s Choice Bull Futurity Scholarship Application
AGJA People’s Choice Bull Futurity Scholarship
The People’s Choice Bull Futurity awards up to $1,000 to one junior member.
People’s Choice Bull Futurity Scholarship Application
American Gelbvieh Foundation Junior Classic Scholarships
AGJA Scholarship Application (PDF)
During the annual AGJA Junior Classic, junior members have the opportunity to compete for up to $6,450 in scholarship money awarded through the following scholarships:
• $1,000 Earl Buss Memorial Scholarship
• $1,000 Leness Hall Memorial Scholarship
• $750 AGJA Scholarships (up to two scholarships awarded)
• $500 Mary Zillinger Cates Scholarship
• $500 Rea Memorial Scholarship
• $500 Patti Kendrick Memorial Scholarship
• $500 AGJA Scholarship
1. Applicant must be an active member of AGJA (annual dues paid for that year). Applicants must be at least a graduating high school senior as of December 31 of the current year up through college age students that can be 21 years of age on January 1o of the current year.
2. Scholarship money must be used to attend a two- or four-year college, university, or technical school.
1. The Scholarship Committee will evaluate all applications. If the Scholarship Committee deems an oral interview necessary, it will be conducted during the Junior Classic.
2. After the recipients are selected, the application will be returned to the applicant.
To Receive Your Scholarship Upon Selection:
1. Scholarship recipients will be presented with a check when they show proof of enrollment.
a. Recipient must send official class enrollment form or receipt of tuition payment to the
Youth Activities Coordinator no later than October 1 of the current year.
2. If a circumstance arises that prevents the recipient from enrolling in the school of choice by the above deadline, the scholarship will be forfeited.
3. To retain scholarship, the recipient must complete at least one semester of full enrollment at the college or university. If the semester is not completed, money awarded must be refunded to the AGJA Scholarship Committee.
Order of Application Documents:
1. Cover page: Include your name, hometown, state, current age, grade for upcoming fall
semester and photo.
2. Completed Application. (See attached)
3. On a separate sheet of paper, list the following items as they relate to your involvement with:
AGJA, 4-H, FFA, High School, College, Church or Community.
• Evidence of leadership/citizenship
• Offices held
• Recognition and awards
*An AGJA member may only win one memorial scholarship and one AGJA scholarship.
4. Type written essay (500 to 1000 words) describing your involvement with Gelbvieh and why you have chosen this breed. Include future plans and how Gelbvieh will be involved.
5. Two letters of recommendation from an individual of the following caliber:
• School Principal
• County Extension Professional
• FFA Instructor
• 4-H Club Leader
• Agricultural Employer/Supervisor
• College Instructor
• Active AGA Adult Member.
All documents listed above must be typed. Handwritten applications will not be accepted. Documents and application must be postmarked by May 10, 2021 or application will be disqualified. No exception. For questions, or clarification, please contact:
AGA Member and Youth Activities Coordinator
Please Return Completed Applications Electronically To:
Gelbvieh Junior Ambassador Scholarship
The Gelbvieh Junior Ambassador Scholarship offers one $250 scholarship to an eligible AGJA Member. This scholarship is announced at the AGJA Junior Classic.